Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Frost

This post is written as part of

SENSATIONAL HAIKU WEDNESDAYS
Join the fun!


my post is below 
with thanks for allowing me
communication

This week's topic: Frost

Etched my initials
Backwards on the window pane
So others could read


Coconut pecan
Takes the icing on the cake
Favorite flavor

Photographs by Kimberly Vardeman 

Uploaded from http://flickr.com/photo/87542849@N00/2412485332 using Flickr upload bot


My breath before face
Shows freezing temperature
Puff of smoke in air

6 comments:

  1. I remember writing in the frost! Your middle poem makes me want some German chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to write in the window frost when I was a kid -- and then get in trouble for smearing up the windows -- like anyone could see out of them anyway? (Yeah, now that I'm the window washer, I get it.)

    I would like to taste your second haiku, or at least the subject of your second haiku. That is my favorite cake/frosting combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna ~~ Please save a piece of cake for me!

    I like your trilogy, all different but somehow blending very nicely.
    Happy New Year!
    Thank you for your visit and nice comment about time for golf. Time is not much of a bother for me anymore as I am retired. :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Initials in frost -
    Marks etched in a cold surface,
    And a warm greeting.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, writing on the window frost is a right of passage for kids. I remember it fondly (and still do it sometimes)

    Great haiku... and for some reason now I want cake...

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious haikus :O)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

 

Balancing Act | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates