Thursday, December 2, 2010

All Over Again

This post is written as part of Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, with my thanks for the outlet in which to express myself...



     If I could relive any moment of my life, it would be conception.  I choose this specific time because, for me personally, it is the very beginning.  I would have a keen understanding that the events, catastrophes, accomplishments, and even the seemingly mundane happen for a reason.  By reliving this moment, I would be reliving my whole life with new insight, great appreciation, eager anticipation, and even some constant regret. 

     You see, I would actually not want to change any moment in my life for it makes me the strong, beautiful, energetic, optimistic person I am today.  Despite the recent events, which politely put are “character challenges”, I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason though it might never seem evident to me.

     I am sure many can relate to the term “do over”, and this may seem the point behind reliving life from conception.  I assure you, this is not what I mean.  I do not want to change anything, or tamper with what has been predestined.  However, it would be interesting to be keenly aware of surroundings, deeply lost in hindsight, and perfectly content by observing, from this, a new vantage point.

     Being an identical twin, I would get to enjoy the moments my sister and I shared but did not have the ability to store to memory.  Instead, living life over, or more appropriately watching it unfold as it should, would be similar to seeing the same movie over and over again and noticing something new every time.  What joy!

     I could learn from my mistakes and maybe, this time, apply my knowledge.  I could marvel at all the less than intelligent verbiage that came out of my mouth in spontaneous situations, job interviews, and comical conversations.  How many times I put a foot in my mouth, I couldn’t count.

     If I could relive life from conception, I wouldn’t because life’s predestined plan has an ending.  This is mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Balancing Act | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates