This post is written as part of Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, with my thanks for the outlet in which to express myself...
2.) Describe yourself in five words. Choose one, and write a poem.Detail-oriented, Optimistic, Perfectionist, Enthusiastic, Young-at-heart (D.O.P.E.Y.)
Between being diagnosed with "mild cognitive impairment" necessitating Namenda, a drug often used for Alzheimer's patients, being on a number of different prescriptions including those for fibromyalgia - a condition known to cause "brain fog", and coping with the hypomania and hypergraphia associated with Bipolar I, I can certainly label myself as "DOPEY"; however:
"Looking past disabilities. Eying road ahead." speaks to my optimistic attitude that colors my past and draws ideas for the future.
For this post, I am choosing to focus on "Perfectionist", and as my blog is entitled "Life is a Balancing Act", this poem will hopefully have you precariously placed atop a tightrope without a safety net as I take you along my road to recovery. Enjoy.
Please single-click twice on both upper and lower images for best visibility.

Wow! You've got a lot going on. Lovely post. Thank you for sharing. Happy holidays!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your successes! Keep strong. Great post.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing well!
ReplyDelete