Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Balancing Act

Once a successful senior financial analyst, adjunct professor, active volunteer, basket maker, sign language III student, certified personal trainer and fitness instructor, home health aide…I am always studying life and learning something new everyday…and THAT'S what I think life is about.

It’s not necessarily about the big things like getting married, having children, raising a family, getting a Noble Peace Prize.  It is however about being in love.  First and foremost importantly is being in love with oneself.  Not in the narcissistic way but in the way that down deep in the core of  who we are, believing despite every hardship that one has ever faced, that I am truly and without doubt, a very good person and I can say every day that I truly like myself.  To hold on to this nugget, the center of my being and have the ability to say that I would not want to change one thing in my life because it makes me the person I am today. 

My mantra became “I am where I am and that will get me where I need to be”.  Being present and resourceful, I will succeed.  And resourcefulness as well as being extremely persistent would definitely be two characteristics that those who know me would say I am hands down.

Origin of my mantra:  climbing the Alpine Tower at New Age Health Spa…Adventure Quest Weekend and Spirit Quest Weekend…I keep going back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Balancing Act | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates