Thursday, November 25, 2010

Everything Under the Sun...And then some

This post is written as part of Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, with my thanks for the outlet in which to express myself...




3.) Write a poem about the things you are thankful for.


I am thankful for my education
And for successfully climbing the Alpine Tower on vacation

I am thankful for my ability to write
It helps me express myself so I can sleep at night

I am thankful for being an identical twin
It’s certainly a situation, I’d call win-win

I am thankful for close friends though they number only a few
I have a mix of old and new

I am thankful for our pet cat
Though she stalks us until we say “scat”

I am thankful for my Dad and his advice
I know down deep he is trying to be nice

Finally, I am thankful for divine intervention and the ability to pray
For in His outstretched arms, I’ll always have a place to stay

4 comments:

  1. As one of those close friends, I am thankful for you, my angel on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your poem here, good job!

    Stopping by from Writer's Workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! This high school English teacher applauds you...A+ in my book!! You should come by on Monday for Mrs. Scribe's Poetry Slam, OK?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

 

Balancing Act | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates