Monday, December 17, 2012

9 Things That Bring Me Joy


  1. 1.       My niece, Melissa.  Knowing that I want to be as good a role model as possible.  And though we see each other actually very seldom, I see her in all my choices, in my decisions to take good care of myself, in my selection of music, in my option of persevering in a healthy manner with triumphing over my eating disorder, balancing work and play, and mostly in the mirror, not one made of glass, but one in which my actions are hopefully mimicked by her via my living by example.

    2.       Fur, fur, and more fur.  Mostly on live animals whom do not bite or scare me.  Faux fur is a perfectly fine alternative as is silky polyester.  Tactile, I certainly am.

    3.       Helping others when I’m able. I truly benefit more than they do.

    4.       Relaxation and spiritual connections with others.  Lately, it has been with my boyfriend John.  I will always cherish our walks to St. Peter’s Church, his gentle touch, and genuine squeeze and peck during the exchange of peace be with you.

    5.       Exercise, in moderation; again when I’m able.   I enjoy the same walk.  I also enjoy the different paths that I take, literally and figuratively.

    6.       Knowing, down deep, and without reservation, that I do the best I can every day, and that’s a big ticket item.

    7.       Writing, journalling, poetry, and design (mostly via modification). Putting my own special touch on things.

    8.       Learning.  Whether it be sign language, a new vocabulary word, or from a mistake I’ve made.  This is probably the most fulfilling experience I’ve been blessed with.

    9.       Gratitude.  Practicing frequently and from my entire body, inside and out.  The ultimate gift God gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Balancing Act | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates